- Sallie is
32cm = 12.5" high
- Sallie is a porcelain ball jointed doll
- Everything in this work is carefully and patiently hand made by the
- Sallie's head mold will be limited to 30 pieces worldwide
- All Sallie dolls are unique because I always sculpt the eyes and some
of the features in the leather hard faze (thatís when the porcelain is
just out of the mold and itís like soft clay).
- This doll is painted with porcelain paints that are fired in a kiln
oven at 720 degrees Celsius (1328 Fahrenheit) and became permanent. The
porcelain paint is translucent and therefore several layers have to be
applied in order to achieve deepness and expression and bring the doll
to live. It takes approximately one week to paint one doll because after
each layer is applied and fired, the kiln needs to cool dawn for a
period of around 8 hours. It's a long process but really worth it
because these paints are permanent, they don't suffer any alteration
with sunlight and they cannot be removed or scratched.
- All the porcelain parts that form this doll are assembled with a
complex spring mechanism. Every joint has a separate spring that is hold
by a steel pin allowing movement (the spring works like a muscle).
- The spring mechanism allows the joints to
hold a big variety of poses that mimic the human body movement.
- Every joint is leather lined, witch means that there is a layer of thin
leather in between the sphere and the socket. This allows control of the
movement and protects
the joints. I found a process of hiding the leather inside the sockets
that works wonderfully and does not change the function of the leather
lining, plus it looks much better! I use this process only on the
knees and elbows joints.
- Sallie has a one of a kind costume made with antique French silk fabric and
cotton laces. The clothes are machine and hand sewed by me. This doll
also comes with underwear, socks and hand made leather boots
- Sallie has top quality, hand blown glass eyes. The eyes are fixed and cannot be replaced.
- Sallie's wig is hand made using the finest mohair. The wig can be
removed and changed by another one.
- The little bunny is one of a kind made with polymer clay and dressed
with vintage laces and fabrics. *
NOTE: all Sallie dolls will have their own character and personality. The
face painting, the eyes, wig and costume gives all these dolls a unique
appearance. I consider all Sallie dolls one of a kind!
you for your interest in my work!