- Julie is
30cm = 12" high
- Julie is a porcelain ball jointed doll
- Everything in this work is carefully and patiently hand made by the
- Julie head mold will be limited to 50 pieces worldwide
- All Julie dolls are unique because I always sculpt the eyes and some
of the features in the leather hard faze (thatís when the porcelain is
just out of the mold and itís like soft clay).
- This doll is painted with porcelain paints that are fired in a kiln
oven at 720 degrees Celsius (1328 Fahrenheit) and became permanent. The
porcelain paint is translucent and therefore several layers have to be
applied in order to achieve deepness and expression and bring the doll to live. It takes approximately one week to paint
one doll because after each layer is applied and fired, the kiln needs
to cool dawn for a period of around 8 hours. It's a long process but
really worth it because these paints are permanent, they don't suffer
any alteration with sunlight and they cannot be removed or scratched;
it's like a tattoo in the porcelain surface.
- All the porcelain parts that compose this doll are assembled with a
complex spring mechanism. Every joint has a separate spring that is hold
by a steel pin allowing movement (the spring works like a muscle).
- The spring mechanism allows the joints to
hold a big variety of poses mimicking the human body movement.
- Every joint is leather lined, witch means that there is a layer of thin
leather in between the sphere and the socket. This allows control of the
movement and protects
the joints. I found a process of hiding the leather inside the sockets
that works wonderfully and does not change the function of the leather
lining, plus it looks much better! I use this process only on the
knees and elbows joints.
- Julie has a one of a kind costume made with vintage fabric and laces. This costume is machine and hand sewed by me.
- Julie has top quality, hand blown glass eyes. The eyes are fixed and cannot be replaced.
- Julie's wig is hand made using the finest mohair. The wig can be
removed and changed by another one.
NOTE: all Julie dolls have their own character and personality. The
face painting, the eyes, wig and costume gives all these dolls a unique
appearance. I consider all Sophie dolls as one of a kind!
* Included in this set is a Julie doll with her OOAK costume, shoes, wig
and stand. Price for this set is:
There will be extra shipping costs that will vary according to your
country. Please email me for the price.
only accept Paypal for payments outside European Community.
Inside European Community I could accept bank transfers.
you for your interest in my work!